So, I took Kenya to her 9 month check up yesterday and she's doing good in all respects. She's even in the 90th percentile in her weight. (CRAZY!!) So I asked the doctor why she was still getting up at night. She said it was probably just a comfort thing, she would cry to get me to come and calm her down and give her a bottle. Doc said not to giver her bottles in the middle of the night anymore and to let her cry it out. She needs to learn to sleep through the night.
Okay, not hard right. She'll cry for a little while and go back to sleep. Well, I was wrong. Kenya woke up at midnight and cried till 3 am. I'm talking screamed and kicked! Brian and I finally moved down to the couches from our room to sleep (cause she's still in our room). She finally fell back to sleep after 3 plus hours of crying. (And trust me, I did try to just get her calm myself, she's just very stubborn.)
About 15 minutes after she fell back to sleep Ian woke up screaming. I couldn't handle both of them crying again, so I ran in to try and get Ian calmed down. BAD IDEA! I ended up sleeping on the end of his bed till 5:30 am cause he wouldn't let me leave! NIGHTMARE!!
At 5:30 am, Brian woke up for work and I went out to help him get breakfast and his lunch together. Ian started screaming, and a few minutes later, Kenya started screaming. I was ready to pull my hair out. I gave Kenya her bink, and just left both kids crying while I got breakfast and lunch done. Kenya went back to sleep within 15 minutes, Ian fell back to sleep about 10 minutes after her. Thank goodness. What a night!!!
I guess we'll just try again tomorrow. I pray Kenya decides it's not worth it to cry that much.


1 comment:
Good luck with that. We went though that with Kate. It took her a good week to finally stop screaming.
Post a Comment