Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Our Christmas Update

A Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all!  We’ve had a very eventful and enjoyable couple of months.  We were lucky enough to be able to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas with both Brian’s and Kayla’s families in Utah.  We drove the crazy trek across country in 2 days and then Kayla and the kids spent the next 4 weeks (Thanksgiving through Christmas) seeing everyone and spending time with friends and family!  Brian sadly had to return to Georgia for work and school but joined us again for the Christmas festivities.

A week before we made our drove out to Utah we were blessed to find out that we are now expecting our third child!!  It came as a slight shock, but we are super excited for the new curves in our life.  J  Of course, being in the first trimester made it difficult for Kayla while driving and over the holiday’s, but she made it through the constant morning sickness like a trooper.  Number 3 will be coming along around July 24th which means that our fun family won’t be able to join the rest of you for the reunion, but we hope to see each of you as soon as we are able to. 

On top of our new addition (not that there is anything better than a beautiful new baby), Brian has accepted an offer for a job in Aurora, Colorado (in the Denver Metro area) with Lockheed Martin.  Right now we are waiting for his clearances to go through so that he can start work, but we’re hoping that will be within the next 6 months.  All in good time I guess.

Brian finished of this last semester in school with good grades and looks forward to the start of another semester in January.  It’s a grueling and rough schedule for the whole family, but it’s good that Brian is getting his Master’s degree done as quickly as possible.  As crazy as the classes are, I really think he’s enjoying them and learning a lot.  

Kayla really doesn’t have much to report, the only thing she’s been working on is keeping herself from being sick all the time, which I’m not sure she’s succeeding at. 

Ian starts January off with Sunbeams.  It hit me about 2 weeks ago that my little boy isn’t so little anymore.  He won’t be going to nursery anymore and that actually scared me.  It’s amazing how fast our little ones grow, but it’s amazing how much they know and that their  little spirits are so strong.  Boy to we love our little boy!

Kenya is also getting so big.  I’ve been thinking of her as my baby girl for the last two years and it only recently hit me (in the presence of an 8 month old and a 20 month old) that she is no longer my baby.  She has such a personality and I just love learning more about her each day.   She’s talking gobs and loves running and playing like crazy.  Such a cutie!

Both kids like patting my stomach (and yes, sadly there is a resemblance of pregnancy already there J) and talking to the baby.  I’m nervous about what a third child will bring to the mix and whether or not I’ll be able to handle it, but I’m sure the Lord knows me better than I know me. 


That was the Christmas Newletter I sent to family, but here are some pictures to go along with our Christmas adventures. 

Family Picture on Christmas Day!

On our long drive to the wide West!


Kenya doing crunches with my friend Dolly.

Sitting on Santa's lap.  (I didn't get one of Kenya cause Ian stepped in the way, but hopefully the people around me got a good one and I'll get it soon.)

Comet Playing in 4 inches of snow.  He has a blast!

Opening gifts as Grandma & Grandpa Caldwell's Christmas Eve

(Christmas Eve)


The rest of the photos are Christmas Day








Snuggling with Uncle Wes

No comments: