I thought this year I would simplify Kenya's birthday, and maybe I did, but regardless it was fun.
For Kenya's birthday I cut her hair. She had been fighting me for weeks to even let me brush it, so one day I was fed up and together we went into my bathroom and I started chopping. I know, I know.... I shouldn't just start cutting, but I did. We were both happy with the outcome. She doesn't fight me nearly as much anymore and that makes us both very pleased.
The morning of her birthday I set the present Gma Caldwell had sent for her right in front of her door. I thought it would be more fun to see her reaction to the present first thing in the morning. It was utterly great!
She came out of her bedroom and saw the bright pink box and was still groggy so she sat down in front of it and stared.
It took her a few moments but she soon realized what she was staring at and got all sorts of giddy! :)
And it was soon opened and there were dress up cloths EVERYWHERE! Thanks Gma Caldwell! She LOVES the gift and I love watching her have fun with it!
For her birthday party we decided to have several families over for some dinner and fun. It was a blast! (at least I thought so... but I'm pretty sure the kids thought it was awesome too) We made home made pizza and bread sticks and enjoyed the kids running around, chatting, and simple fun. We did do a cake, but not a traditional one. I'm not a huge cake fan, and lets be completely honest, sometimes traditional cakes aren't that tasty. :)
I loved hosting and having so many wonderful people in our home. It was a great way to celebrate miss Mae's birth! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment