Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, December 14, 2012

Tragedy

My heart is broken.  There are no words to describe.  There is so much pain in the world, it's hard to even fathom.

This morning a man opened fire on a kindergarten class in an elementary school.  He took the lives of 20 children around the age of 5 and several adults.  Now dead himself, there is no explanation for the families of the deceased or anyone else effected by his actions. 
 
These children were innocent, pure and precious.  They couldn't have done anything to this man.  They were innocent bystanders of his rage and many have and will suffer because of it.  I cannot even begin to understand... any of it. 
 
I look at my son, sitting one the couch and am so very thankful that this happened so far from his school, but also I am terrified.  There has been 31 school shootings since Columbine in 1999.  I can't keep my children home always, safe in my arms.  I wish I could.  But I have to hope and pray that tragedies like this won't befall them while they are not in my care. 
 
The only comfort I get from all of this is that I know ... I KNOW absolutely that these beautiful children are with our Heavenly Father now.  They are sitting with him in the Celestial kingdom enveloped by our Father's love.  They are pure.  Though this doesn't change the pain that the parents, siblings, friends, family, ect... will feel, it does bring some comfort to me.  Maybe it's selfish that it helps comfort me... I don't know, but it does. 
 
I pray for anyone and everyone effected and in pain because of this man's actions.  I am trying not to judge this man and his actions ... but my mind keeps coming back to the scripture in the New Testiment.
 
"It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones."
 
Help me pray for those hurting.  And always remember to love your children ... they may not be around tomorrow to show them your love ... but pray they will be. 

No comments: