My children have been pulling at my heart strings these last few weeks. Trey and I have had many conversations on many different days that go as follows.
Trey: "Mom. Where's Comet?"
Me: "He's with Grandma and Grandpa in Alaska
Trey: "Go get him."
Each conversation goes the same way. And each one ends in his little face being disappointed and sad.
For those of you who don't know, our beloved dog, Comet, went to live with my parents in Alaska because his heart couldn't take all the excitement in our household. He has a heart murmur and he was having a hard time with us and I was worried we'd loose him prematurely, so I sent him to a calmer family. We truly do miss him.
Kenya and Ian have had similar conversations with me, but at least they are old enough to understand what I am saying when I explain to them why he's not living with us anymore. Trey just breaks my heart over and over again... and I didn't even realize how well he knew and loved our wonderful Comet.


No comments:
Post a Comment