Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Beautiful Strength

Beautiful Strength from my wonderful friend Laura. 

Opposition
By: Laura Morris

In the darkness and silence of my parents' basement, I hear no beeping of monitors.
No whimpering from my Bear.
No doctors or nurses scurrying about.
No other patients crying from their pain.
Yet, they don't elude me.
I came here to rest, to catch up on the sleep that has been slipping further and further from sufficient as the weeks go on.
But, I can't sleep.
In my mind echos the sounds and thoughts of the journey we are on.
The misery that Kyle feels.
The trauma that effects my other kids: my six-year-old son multiplying the hours with Grandma in which he hasn't seen his mother.
The exhaustion in my loving husband's eyes.
The daunting implications for the future.

Opposition in all things.
Ying-yang.
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
Chiasmus.
Principles and truths which I have learned and know now to a greater depth than ever before.

For through all the sadness, pain, and sorrow, there is also unceasing hope, gratitude, and joy.
The empathy, love and generosity of humankind is almost more surreal than the accident itself. I do not even know how to accept it.
I am overwhelmed by the good.
This is what Zion and heaven must be.

Friends, family, and complete strangers alike pray for us.
Speak uplifting and caring words.
Visit us.
Hug us.
Cry with us.
Offer helpful advice.
Serve us.
Sacrifice for us.
Donate to us.
Tell us how this experience has changed their lives for the better.
No cultural, social, or religious lines divide.

I cannot help but think, "Why us?" Not, "Why did our baby get hurt?," but "Why have hundreds of people been so amazing toward our family?" I am certainly not that good.
So many in this world have much more serious problems than this and they trudge through them alone.
Maybe it is that Kyle is so precious, so special.
He has always been my angel.
Now he is the angel of others, too.

I am grateful beyond measure.
We feel the all-powerful arms of our perfect and loving Father wrapped around our family through the arms of our brothers and sisters.
His divine children.
All of you.

There are no words in any of the human languages which can adequately capture this emotion.
My heart overflows.

No comments: