I was struck with a profound truth this morning as I sat with my son. We had remained home from church due to his being ill and while home we watched the movie:
Joseph Smith: The Prophet of the Restoration
My first thoughts when I turned it on was to keep Ian entertained with church productions till the rest of the family got home. I didn't realize at the time that I would be drawn into the film right along next to him.
At the end of the film, while still staring at the screen, Ian simply stated, "Mom, He was a good man."
I don't think my eight year old boy realized just how much the truth of that statement hit me. A shot of warmth hit my heart sending heat coursing through my limbs. Warm tears stung my eyes and cheeks as I nodded to myself.



No comments:
Post a Comment