I may put up a strong front, but I truly DISLIKE moving. Sure... things could be so much worse. I'm sure there are a million other brights sides I could look at.
But I'm just NOT. IN. THE. MOOD. TODAY.
The kids and I have been in the hotel for two days now and they are far too rambunctious. Call it too much candy from Halloween or being cooped up. Whatever!! It's me quickly loosing my mind.
Bright side:
We made the 18 hour drive from Lehi to Fort Worth with little to no problems. The only real incident was that I couldn't seem to keep my eyes open for more than 15 minutes at a time and so Brian drove the whole trip (guess I was tired), and Trey had a coughing fit that led to him throwing up once. But we were blessed to have a bucket nearby and he threw up only in the bucket. Easy clean-up.
I've been disappointed with the hotel in comparable to the same chain and hotel as we've stayed in before with our moves. This particular location doesn't rate very high in my book. But hey ... better than a box, right?
* Sleep is evading me at every turn, even though I know I'm unconscious for hours at a time.
* A schedule is no where to be seen and thus my mind can't seem to come to order.
* No schedule = me not regularly taking my pills = depression, unhealthy eating, anxiety, and anger quickly setting in.
* A load of laundry costs $2 to wash and another $2 to dry. Plus I have to haul it up a flight of stars and about 100 yards down a hall.
* The toilet seat in our bathroom here at the hotel is completely unattached and the tank runs constantly, and YES... I've called down to the front desk THREE times and still no one has come to take care of the problem.
* I dreadfully miss playing basketball twice a week and going to Zumba. It's beginning to show in my waist.
* All I can think is "THIS WILL NEVER END! WILL I EVER BE SETTLED?!"
But alas, this is just a rant. I will live. I'm truly blessed. Life could be much worse. And maybe one day, if I'm a really good wife, I'll get to stay in one place long enough to feel like it's home.


No comments:
Post a Comment