So I spent this morning, literally all of it, carving, cleaning, gutting, steaming, pureeing, bagging and everything else pumpkin. We didn't actually carve any pumpkins this year (not sure how we missed that one), but I still had two pumpkins and I wasn't going to let them go to waste. I called my mom up and found out how she purees leftover pumpkin so you can freeze it for Pumpkin Pie for a later date. I have now spent 5 hours doing it, I have 12 cups of pumpkin in bags freezing, and I still have half of a large pumpkin to go. I also roasted the seeds. All I gotta say is, the pumpkin pie made with real pumpkin better taste darn good so that all this craziness was worth it.


2 comments:
Good for you! I thought about doing that for ours...and then decided it just wasn't worth all the work. I don't like pumpkin pie THAT much.
So, for now, they're sitting on our front porch, still, as thanksgiving decorations.
Awesome. I did that last year with our pumpkin, but used the puree as baby food for Braden instead, and it was definitely his favorite, he loved it!
Post a Comment