... that's what it felt like.
I'm really not sure why I decided that it would be fun to run the Silver Comet Halloween Half-Marathon, but I apparently thought it was a good idea. May jogging partners and friends, Hayley and Marcy, signed up for this run a while ago, but both ended up not being able to run. So I guess that is when I decided to run in Marcy's place. I think the logical portion of my brain was on vacation at the time I decided that. So Halloween morning I woke up at 5:30 am and headed to Karen's to meet with the other ladies for the run. There were 5 of us in all and I was really astonished that one of them was running being 6 months pregnant (she's an amazing woman). We got dressed up in similar costumes and headed to our run. The first 2 miles we all stayed together pretty well, but Bonnie, Emily, and Ariel are quite a bit faster than me. Thank goodness Karen stayed with me to run, she was my pusher for the run. She was AWESOME! I totally wouldn't have made it to the end with out her, and it I had, it would have been a long time after what I really came in at.
The first 10 miles weren't bad at all; I felt good, didn't hurt, and kept a steady pace. At mile 11 I started feeling all the muscles in my lower body and it was really beginning to burn. At mile 12 I was done. I would have stopped and walked the rest if it weren't for Karen literally pushing me at times to keep going. Mile 13 was the very hardest and when I finally crossed the finish line and slowed down all my muscles tightened and stiffened. It didn't help that it rained the entire time that we ran and when I stopped I was shivering from the freezing cold. But I had finished, and in pretty good time too. I made it through a Half-Marathon, 13.1 miles, in 2 hours & 17 minutes! Whew! I am still feeling that run 2 days later, sore muscles all over. But it was fun, and I think that in 6-9 months I might do another one and actually train for it. It's a challenge, that's for sure.



No comments:
Post a Comment