Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Poor Little Ian

I have felt so bad for my little boy this last week.  On Friday the 15th (the Friday before Trey was schedule to be born), Ian had to have surgery.  He's been having a hard time breathing at night where he would stop breathing, sound like Darth Vader, and not get enough sleep.  So we took him to an ENT specialist and she suggested he get a Tonsillectomy and Adenoidectomy.  On Friday morning we headed to the Children's Hospital for his surgery.  He was so brave as we waited for everything to happen. 

When we walked him down to the surgical room and Brian laid him down on the table he got really scared and started crying.  It was so hard to watch. I stood at his head as they put the mask on him that would help him go to sleep and he cried out for me, "mommy, mommy, mommy".  It broke my heart into a million little pieces.  One of the hardest things to endure is listing to your child cry out for you and not be able to do anything to comfort them. 

When he fell asleep a few minutes after they put the mask on him, Brian and I had to leave him there and go wait to hear how surgery went.  AHHH!!  I lost it.  Being 39 weeks pregnant and hormonal and hearing my son cry out for me broke me down.  Tears streamed down my face the entire 30 minutes we waited and I just couldn't help it. 

 When they finally brought us back to see Ian as he woke up I was super anxious.  We saw him in the bed and he was still very floppy, coming out of anesethia and when rushed to his bedside as he kinda came to and started to cry.  He wanted daddy to hold him and cuddled into Brian for the next 40 minutes as he cried and eventually calmed down. 

He did well to drink water and sleep and passed all the tests the nurses had for him.  We brought him home and the next 3 days he spent sleeping for the most part.  He didn't want to eat and drank only as much as he had to.  He's now doing much better, but still in a lot of pain.  Hopefully by this time next week he'll be himself again. 

2 comments:

The Andersens said...

I'm so sorry to hear Ian had to get surgery! I'm sure he'll start feeling better soon.

-- Courtney

whitney said...

Ahhh, poor little guy! Ezra had to have a tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy and I'm pretty sure it was harder for me then it was for him :( Hopefully he's feeling better now!