Life just keeps getting better. :)
This last Monday I took the kids and we headed to Utah to visit my family. My little sister just had her baby (my first niece!!) and I was excited to see her. It was a great week! The drive to and from Utah, not so great.
Monday we started out at 9 am and between the bathroom stops and other craziness it took us till 7pm to get to Utah. Too long! Ian had to go potty many times, there was a HUGE crash in Frisco (stand still traffic) and it was just plain a long day. On top of that, Trey was teething (two top teeth) and it was bad. He's been upset and hurting all week. (Poor kid, I wish I could make him feel better.)
On the way home I stopped at a rest stop for a quick potty break and lunch and I locked the keys in the car with Kenya in the car, in her seat. We were in the middle of nowhere, but thankfully right as I locked the keys in the car, I saw a State Trooper leaving the rest stop. I was able to get him back to help. 45 minutes later we were back on the road. Luckily the rest of the day was uneventful and we got home safe and sound.
In other news, we put the house up for sale on Tuesday and got our first offer on Wednesday. We accepted it and shortly after we received another offer with two more interested in offering. We've had people in and out of our house constantly for the last few days, but hopefully that will end soon. :) I'm amazed and grateful that we've had such luck so far.
So here's the plan. Brian has to start work in Cali on May 7th. The house is gonna close two weeks later and the kids and I are headed to my sister, Elena's house. She's gonna let us live there till we close on our house in Cali (the one we are hoping to find next week while out in Cali looking at houses). Brian also finishes his Master's and Graduates the first week of May and Ian finishes Pre-school the second week of May. Brian and I will also celebrate our 6th year of marriage on May 5th! Life is busy!
My hope is that by the end of August we are in our new house, settled, and Ian is in a good kindergarten. Life may actually slow down a bit, but it may not.


1 comment:
Goodness, sounds like craziness! Good luck with it all! (((hugs)))
Post a Comment