Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Quiet

It's a strange sensation when you come home at 9 am in the morning after having dropped kids off at school and find baby and yourself alone in the house.  It's quite, no one needs anything, and it's off to nap time for baby.  What do you do now??  I don't quite know. 
 
I took Miss Mae to her first day of preschool this morning and she was SO EXCITED!  She kept skipping and jumping, wouldn't hold still and was smiling from ear to ear.  I met some of the other moms while we waited, and when the doors of the school room opened she dashed in!  I signed her in and went to say goodbye, but she was already so involved in what she was doing that she didn't even have time to say goodbye.  Can you believe it?  My little angel is one her own at school, and she wasn't the least bit scared! 
 
Now I figured this would happen because Kenya is absolutely FEARLESS, but I had hoped that she would acknowledge me just a little.  Boy was I disappointed.  But I know she's been wanting this for a long time, so I tried to just let her go on her own and walk out.  It was hard. 
 
When did my babies start growing up?  Ian wouldn't even give me a kiss at school the other day.  Has it begun already?  Will I now become the mom that they are embarrassed by?  I had always hoped that would take longer to happen. 
 
I don't remember being embarrassed by my parents.  In fact, if I recall, my dad was a VP at my high school and I spent ever lunch with him and was never bothered by his presence at my school.  Ehh... who knows.  Maybe I'm just strange. :) 
 
Well, here's Kenya.  She's a tough one to get still, so the pics aren't great, but they'll be good memories!
 


No comments: