I finally feel like I'm getting somewhere on the house decor and whatnot. After what has seemed like forever (but really just two long months), I am very close to finishing one room in our house.
See, I'm taking the remod room by room; painting, furnishing, decorating. It's a slow process, but I'm enjoying it. So here is the almost finished mudroom. I only have a few pictures left to hang.
Just about everything was made/done by yours truly. I made the light shade (I didn't like it at first, but I'm actually really in love with it now. I made and installed the wainscoting on the walls, painted the whole room including doors, installed the flooring, etc... I really enjoyed almost all the work (I had to repaint the bottom half of the room 3 times and that got tedious, but it's done and it looks great!
The mirror was a great buy at Gordman's (Love that store!) I got the two basket's and red bin at DI and lined the out side of the baskets with yarn to match the light shade.
I'm actually kinda proud of this particular art piece. I saw something similar on Pintrest and decided I wanted to make something to match my decor. I really liked how it turned out.
And there you have it. My first room accomplished. Now on to the next. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment