Every day I walk down to the bus stop at the end of the street around 12:15 pm to pick Kenya up. She's usually the first one off the bus and is running for home before I can catch her. :)
Today she didn't get off first.... or second.... or even third. I started getting worried she didn't get on the bus as I picked up my pace to get to the bus. Finally she stepped off the bus and comes running straight for me.
"Mom! The bus driver wants to talk to you!" She screams and runs past me on her way to the house. I walk closer to the open bus doors to talk with the driver. For some reason I was nervous, maybe thinking Kenya did something she shouldn't have.
The bus driver looks at me and starts talking with a fairly straight face. "I want you to know that I truly enjoy starting my day off with your daughter singing from the moment she gets on the bus till she gets to school." He smiled at me and I was able to relax. He goes on, "It's a great way for me to start every day."
I laugh a little. He may actually enjoy her incessant singing (and I do most of the time), but he's lucky he doesn't hear it ALL. DAY. LONG. :)
Boy do I love that mini me of mine.


No comments:
Post a Comment