Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Playing Catch-up

Okay, So it looks like I need to play some catch up and get our blog updated. I'm a little behind the times.

So, we'll got back to Ian's birthday. I made a special car cake for him, and well, it didn't turn out to bad.



We invited about 20 of his little friends, and because his birthday is on Easter weekend, we only had one of his friends show up & two of mine. It was fun though!


Ian couldn't figure out how to blow out the candles.



We recently met some really great friends in our ward who moved here from Idaho in January; Marcy, Troy, and their 3 year old Kate. They are awesome! We've had a lot of fun getting to know them and learning how to play Pinochle. They are a really great family and have a been a great help this last little while. We happened to spend Easter Sunday with them and just had a blast. It was a beautiful day and we took a great walk around some of the trails around their home.


Brian was trying to chase the turtles in this picture.


It was a great way to spend an Easter Sunday.


So we moved, again! Our new address is: 379 Phillips Dr. SE, Marietta, GA 30060. Our new number is: 770-693-0291. It was crazy, but with the help of friends, we made it work.

When we moved into our new place there was a swarm of Carpenter Bees hovering and taking over the side door area and the front porch where the steps to leave the house are. They are fairly large bees, about the size of quarter around their bellies and just creepy looking. I was so terrified of them, and to make it worse, they were getting into our room from the attic. We did some research and found out that they burrow into wood, and the males don't have stingers, not that it makes them any less intimidating. Brian has taken to using his racquet to hit them away from the house, and it most the time kills them. They are really nasty bees. Well, Ian saw Brian hitting the bees, so he thought it would be fun too. So now every time we go and sit on the porch, he grabs the racquet to defend us. It's cute.

Brian is crouched to spring on those bees.

This is the best picture I could get of them, but it's a nasty looking little creature.

Well, because I was so scared of these bees cause they would hover on the stairs of the porch and wouldn't move if you walked near them, I had Brian do something about them. A guy in our ward use to be an exterminator, so he gave us some heavy duty chemical, and now they are all gone. Thank goodness.

The gift we bought for Ian's birthday, the little coaster car, I'd have to say it was a good pick. Ian loves that thing and will ride around the house on it for hours, but then again, so will Brian.

Kenya is growing so fast, I can't believe she's already 6 months. Crazy life.

No comments: