My friend Marcy asked me to sign up with her for the Susan G. Komen Atlanta Race for the Cure with the rest of our Smokin' Hot Mommas group. I was wary of it because it was a 5 K race (3.2 miles) and I haven't run in ages. We tried running together to prepare, but the weather got in our way and so I wasn't able to get some running in before hand. So today, at 7 am, we all assembled to head to the race. I was really nervous that I would be left alone and end up at the very back. There were approxamately 15,000 plus people there to race and it was crowded! It was a blast though. I started out good with Marcy at my side and then somewhere in the middle Marcy and I got separated and I finished out the whole race in 32 minutes and 30 seconds. I ran the entire thing!! I was so stunned that I had been able to do it and not stop to walk! It was an awesome experience and now Brian and I are thinking of training for another race, a 4 mile one, that is coming up June 20th. It's quite the experience!

Before the race -- After the race

Marcy and I after the race (finally home!)
Our shirts were awesome too. Kandis, a gal from my ward, designed them and then Karen, another gal from my ward, coined the slogan on the back and it said "See Momma run. See momma run a lot. See momma get SMOKIN' HOT!" It was way cute!


Before the race -- After the race

Marcy and I after the race (finally home!)
Our shirts were awesome too. Kandis, a gal from my ward, designed them and then Karen, another gal from my ward, coined the slogan on the back and it said "See Momma run. See momma run a lot. See momma get SMOKIN' HOT!" It was way cute!



No comments:
Post a Comment