I know, that statement is a little odd considering I have been a mother for over two years and have two children, but it's also true.
When I got married and we knew that Ian was on his way into our lives, I wondered many times how I would handle motherhood. I wondered if I'd be able to handle the snotty noses and dirty diapers and sick kids. Well, last night proves that I can handle it.
Okay, so Brian was out of town on a business trip. At approximately midnight, Ian woke up and retrieved his dinner all over his bed. Now, anyone who knows me knows that I don't do well at all around vomit, I swore that would be Brian's job to take care of when we got married. Well, seeing as how Brian wasn't around and this obviously needed to be taken care of I rose to the task. I got everything cleaned up and had moved Ian to the couch. A few minutes later, Ian's breakfast and lunch were all over the couch. You've got to be kidding me, right?! After about 45 minutes I was able to get everyone cleaned up and back in bed. What a night!!
So as I stated above, I've become a True Mom. For the first time I had to deal with a full blown vomit disaster all by myself and I did it. I made it through the night!
*Just trying to look on the positive, trust me, I'm not that excited about it. Mostly just exhausted. :)


1 comment:
Welcome to the club! ;)
It's not always fun being a mommy, that's for sure...but thank heavens for the sticky kisses and unfailing love.
Post a Comment