I'm gonna give you a fair warning before I start this topic: If your not looking for blut honesty from me, don't ask and don't read. :) There, that's out.
My hubby got to listen to a pregnancy/hormone rant the other night and took it really well. I was all tiffy about the fact that I feel like facebook is highschool garbage all over again, with everyone trying to outdo one another and sobbing about their difficulties. Sometimes I just want to scream, "Get OVER yourself!!! Not everyone's interested in your personal problems. We ALL have our own problems." I also was frustrated that when I post something (which lets be honest, is probably once a week... if lucky) that hardly anyone replies to anything I have to say. Go figure, it's been that way most all my life. But that's not the point.
Blogging tends to be the same way. I post and post and don't get much, if any, feed back, but again, not surprised.
So this is what my husband had to listen to as I ranted about how high school continues after we leave it and really in reality I'm SICK of high school and everyone's attitude from high school.
After I finished ranting Brian turned to me (the gorgeous man that he is) and asked me one simple question: "Do you blog because you want to be popular, or do you do it because you enjoy it?"
This has recently hit me. As I still look at facebook occassionally and roll my eyes at half to most of the posts, I now look at blogging in a whole new light. I blog because I want to, because I enjoy it, and because it's relaxing to ME. It's not about everyone else, not about how many comments I get or who even takes a look at my blog, it's about me and my family.
I was quite appalled by a post made on facebook today. It stated "Blogging: 'Never have so many said so much to so few.'" Like I said, it's not about who's reading it, it's about how much the blogger enjoys it.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I just felt like being blatantly honest. Who knows, maybe I'm the one who's crazy, but at least I'm speaking my mind and I'm enjoying it. :)
Blogging tends to be the same way. I post and post and don't get much, if any, feed back, but again, not surprised.
So this is what my husband had to listen to as I ranted about how high school continues after we leave it and really in reality I'm SICK of high school and everyone's attitude from high school.
After I finished ranting Brian turned to me (the gorgeous man that he is) and asked me one simple question: "Do you blog because you want to be popular, or do you do it because you enjoy it?"
This has recently hit me. As I still look at facebook occassionally and roll my eyes at half to most of the posts, I now look at blogging in a whole new light. I blog because I want to, because I enjoy it, and because it's relaxing to ME. It's not about everyone else, not about how many comments I get or who even takes a look at my blog, it's about me and my family.
I was quite appalled by a post made on facebook today. It stated "Blogging: 'Never have so many said so much to so few.'" Like I said, it's not about who's reading it, it's about how much the blogger enjoys it.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I just felt like being blatantly honest. Who knows, maybe I'm the one who's crazy, but at least I'm speaking my mind and I'm enjoying it. :)


1 comment:
I get super discouraged like this too, since I hardly ever get comments on my blog. But I still do it for the same reason you do - I like doing it. Keep up the good work and know that I'm reading (even if I don't always comment) :-)
--Courtney
Post a Comment