Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Snow

Thought the kids have seen snow before, it's been on a
 limited basis.  Usually it was when we were in Utah for Christmas and they didn't end up playing in it much. 

Well, now we are living in Colorado and have had our second snow so far.  The first time it was a novelty and the kids just wanted to look out the windows all day, today they wanted to play in it. :)  I was surprised they'd want to play in it (I hate the cold and don't like playing in the snow) but they were excited. 

Since we've lived in snow free (or for the most part snow free) places for the last 3 years and most of the kids lives, we don't have any real snow gear for our little ones.  But I dressed them up as best I could. 


At first they just wanted to go out on the back porch.  There wasn't much snow on it and they played around, but then they saw the ground in the yard covered and wanted to go out there.  So Brian (he's home for the day) took them downstairs and out the back door.  I was busy feeding Trey and was unable to be down there to watch them, but I heard quite the amount of funniness.  :)  The kids went out and as soon as Kenya stepped off the patio she fell face first into the snow.  It's been windy and so there was about a good 8-12 inches piled up.  Kenya was up to her elbows and her bum was in it and all I heard was her scream.  She wouldn't get up so Brian had to run out in his socks and grab her.  Ian also stepped out into the snow up to his knees and was upset by how cold it was.  He wouldn't walk back inside, so again Brian walked out in his socks to get him.  It was rather funny to hear from a distance, although I'm sure the kids didn't enjoy it.  :)  I'm such a horrible mom, aren't I?  Laughing at my children's unhappy adventures into the snow. :)  Oh well, it's not like they are hurt. 

So once Brian got them striped down and warm again we asked Ian if he liked playing in the snow.  He responded very sternly with, "No playing in the snow, it's too cold!"  It was pretty hilarious!  Maybe I should focus on getting the kids some real snow gear soon. :)

No comments: