Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

All My Love

I know, I know.  I'm SO very behind this summer.  I need to play catch-up and let you all know what's been going on, but that will have to wait for another day. 

I was wasting time on Pintrest today and saw an article that caught my eye: 
 
 
I wasn't really prepared for what was written, but once I had read it I new that I needed to express my love for my hubby who does so much for me and my children. 
 
Lately I've spent too many hours and too many days complaining about mobbing...again, or making a joke out of how my husband must be running away from someone or something because we can't seem to stay put for more than a year, or simply being mad and blaming my hubby for unknown reasons.  I've truly been hard on him this last little while. 
 
Up until now, I thought I was justified in my frustrations.  What woman wouldn't be unhappy with the constant upheaval of her family and having to re-establish rules, house-hold comforts, friends and what not?  Right? 
 
I was wrong.  Maybe I have ended up moving around a lot, maybe I've had my challenging days, but my husband has never done anything to hurt me or our family.  He's only ever done what he feels is best for our family and our future. 
 
So here I am, and I'd like to tell you what a wonderful husband and father he is.  I am so blessed ... a lucky one ... because I have the best. 
 
Every time I complained about feeling alone and sad because I had to start over with new friends, new neighbors, a whole new place;  he patiently listened, always apologized for my pain and discomfort.  I look back and think, "Really?  How petty was I"  Well, the answer is ... Super petty.  Starting over is nothing, because I have him by my side every day, always.  He's always been there to get us/me through anything and everything. 
 
He goes to work every morning and strives to do best for the company he works for as well as for our family. 
He gets up extra early every morning to study his scriptures for a half hour and Chinese for a half hour, so that he can better himself. 
He's never impatient with me when I'm not up early, when I hit the snooze button 5 times before I roll out of bed, or even when I come down in my pj's and don't have breakfast all figured out. 
He may tease me for my grand ideas for our home, but he teases out of love and always supports and helps me realize my dreams. 
He comes home from work, never acting tired or mad, and gives everyone hugs and kisses. 
He helps with dinner, sets the table, gathers children all without fail or complaint. 
I don't think I've ever heard him complain about helping with the dishes or bathing the children. 
He almost always has a smile on his face and a twinkle in his eye that makes my heart warm.  (And when he doesn't ... it's almost always my fault.) 
He plays with the children, giving them the attention and love they desire from him and then will give me the attention I need. 
Though he may not always say it, I know he loves me.  He's not much for words, but he shows me his love daily in everything he does. 
He rarely does anything for himself, he always has his family on his mind. 
He gives of himself freely.
 
I could go on and on.  He's my strength and my light.  I hold to him in my times of need.  I ache for him when he's not around.  I love him more than life itself.  I can't imagine life without him and I pray I will never find out. 
 
I haven't always been the best wife to him, the best friend he could have.  I've been selfish, unkind, petty, and ridiculous.  But I will try harder to be better.  I will strive to be my best self ... for him.  He's worth it ... and always will be. 
 
I love you handsome!
 


No comments: