Since we'll be moving in a few short weeks, we decided (well I guess I decided and begged the hubby to go along with it) that we should take the kids to do something big here in California before we leave. So we decided Sea World and Santa Monica Beach! It was a great weekend!
First off, let me tell you... I hate California traffic!! What a nightmare.
Now that that's out of the way, on we'll go.
Last Friday after we picked up Ian from school we headed straight out for the beach. We got to Santa Monica beach around 3:30 pm and it was a tad breezy, but the kids got kicks out of playing in the water. The pictures tell the story better than I.
Trey still takes a little bit to get used to the sand.
Brian freezing in the water.
Brian and I were playing frizbee and we happened to get a picture of me jumping to catch it. :)
Diggin' holes.
On Saturday morning we got up early and headed off to Sea World. I have to say, I was super excited, probably way more than the kids were.
I didn't realize the kids would get bored so fast, so we didn't get to see everything (which was kinda a bummer to me), but we had TONS of fun! It was money well spent on some great memories.
Waiting in the parking lot line to drive in and park.
Playing on the giant bounce house.
Hangin' out with the penguins! I happen to LOVE penguins and Kenya seemed pretty thrilled about them too. We had to go back a second time at her request.
The crew looking at something.
Us in front of the Sea Turtle Aquarium
We also saw the Dolphin show and the Sea Lion and Otter show. They were great!! I may not be remembering them right from when I was a kid, but I think I may have enjoyed them much more as an adult than a kid. There were acrobats and high divers, many jumping dolphis and lots of fun. It was great to watch Trey point and talk (in baby form) when he saw the jumping dolphins. Ian, Kenya and Brian sat in the "soak zone" at first, but after the first splash the kids were upset and unhappy, so they joined us up in the dry zone. :) It was a great time and I can't wait till the next time we go back... though that may be a while.


No comments:
Post a Comment