Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, March 30, 2014

A Few New Memories

One week ago, precisely... 

... Brian got to work putting together our new trampoline!  He also gathered a few good men to help him accomplish the task of putting together the kids new swing set.  Boy am I happy he did, too.  

Trey LOVES the tramp!  He can't seem to get enough of it.  He comes to me often and says, "Mom, you come with me on the tramp.o.line!"  It cracks me up.  :) 


Kenya LOVES the swing.  She spends hours at a time swinging and is super happy to do so.  I love that she loves it. 



We also recently got a basketball hoop for the front yard.  I have yet to take any pictures of Ian playing ball, but he does so frequently.  (I guess I really have been bad about taking pictures lately, especially of Ian since he's at school all day. Gotta work on that.) 

In other news...

Whilst I was traversing the nearby Wal-Mart, I came across two buckets of "Army men".  Okay... they weren't army men precisely, but you get the idea.  They were zombies, ninjas, pirates, and zombie responders (whatever that is).  I also found bags of marbles sitting next to them.  I was suddenly flung back in time to my house in Panaca where my father would help me set up army men and we would take turns shooting them down.  The marbles were our weapons and the memories are great!  So what do you think I did?  I grabbed them up of course and brought them home for some memories of our own.  *Thanks DAD for teaching me how to have fun with marbles!*

So then what did I do?  I grabbed the kiddos, the hubby, the marbles and of course our "army men" and we headed to the kitchen floor to set up our base camps.  Before you knew it there were marbles sailing across the floor, "army men" falling all around and kids and adults laughing and having fun.  Good, old fashioned play.  



 

Brian and Trey were the team of Zombies, and the won both games.  Brian attributed this to the fact that according to the movie "World War Z" the zombies were unbeatable. :)  We had just recently watched it.  Not to shabby of a movie. :)

Ian's really into board games and has been for a while.  Brian recently got a new game for the family "Swords & Skulls" and Ian LOVES it.  So we've played it a few times or more since it came in the mail a few weeks ago.  :) 

I was thinking, since all the technology has surfaced, we don't play many of those oldies but goodies any more.  I went back in my memory and was thinking of all the fun stuff we would do as kids.  I remember my sisters and I pretending to be officers on the Enterprise from Star Trek and running around with rocks and sticks as phasers and tricorders, and tapping our chests as if we were wearing communicators.  I also remember playing pogs, Chinese jump rope, freeze tag, double dutch, marbles, four square, butt ball, hacky sack  and a few others.

  SO.MUCH.FUN!!! 

 Kids don't play these silly games as much any more and it's kinda sad, but I plan on bring a few back into my life and keeping them alive for my kids and I to play. :)   What kinds of games did you play as a child? 


No comments: