Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Too My Utter Surprise

Okay, I know for sure that I have a wonderful hubby and that he is absolutely fabulous! I love him tons and tons, more than can say, but today he shocked and surprised me in a totally awesome way!

When he got home, I wasn't feeling all that great, so he told me to go up to bed and take a nap. After trying to struggle for a couple of minutes to stay downstairs and coherent, I gave up and went up to bed. At 5 pm I woke up after about an hour or so of napping, and the first thought that crossed my mind was that I need to get dinner going. I already had planned out what I was going to make, but I knew that I was behind and wouldn't have it done by 5:30. When I came downstairs I was thoroughly amazed!!

Now, Brian is very good at making sure that if I'm unable to make dinner for some reason that the kids still get fed, but it's usually Mac-n-Cheese. He loves that stuff and really it's all he claims to know how to make. Well, he can't claim that anymore. I came downstairs and wandered into the kitchen half asleep and was shocked awake by the fact that there were break-sticks rising on the counter ready to be put in the oven for dinner. WHAT!!! Yeah, you heard me, Brian made the dough and bread-sticks from scratch! It was AWESOME!! I will never let him tell me that he can't make anything again, cause I now know that he can totally make anything with a recipe! They were really good bread-sticks too!

You see, I always had a really hard time betting bread items, ones with yeast, to turn out right, but he got it done right the very first time he tried!! He totally can make anything now. :) That's my amazing hubby for ya! What a catch!!!

1 comment:

whitney said...

How sweet! I love cookin' hubbies. Spencer makes the best bread and cookies, ever. Whenever I bring cookies to something, it's usually b/c spencer has made them :)