Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day at the Beach

We made it to the beach (Acworth Lake Beach) for the first time this summer and boy what a day it was!  We had a blast!  I've never seen the kids this happy in the water before and it was terrific.  As we were driving to the lake I was half out of my mind worried that it was gonna be a waste to drive 30 minutes away if the kids wouldn't even play in the water.  For 2 years now Ian has refused to get in the water, only will he let his toes touch. 

When we got there we lathered the kids up with sunscreen (Brian being in charge of Ian's skin, which now has a streak of regular skin and around it is red) and headed out to the water.  At first the kids stayed very close to shore, only running into the water where it was just a few inches deep, but after a short while both kids were up to their necks in the water, splashing and playing.  I don't think I've ever seen those two so silly and happy. :)  Kenya was so couragous that it made me nervous.  She kept sticking her face in the water and would come up gasping.  I tried not to freak out too much, but it just scares me.  Ian actually went out till only his little head was poking up and was giggling and splashing both Robert and Brian.  It was hilarious!

While we were there I met another young mother and we got talking.  She's an amazing woman and we just talked for the entire time we were there.  She has 4 kids and her youngest two are Kenya and Ian's ages.  It was an enjoyable couple of hours watching the kids, playing in the water and chatting. 

What a great way to spend 3 hours on a Saturday afternoon!


Brian was chasing Kenya, it was just too cute!

No comments: