Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Little Bro

My little brother, Robert, came into town this last Thrusday and will be spending the summer with us.  Ian has been running around the house for two weeks now yelling, "When Robert come? When Robert come?" 
So, on Thrusday, Brian and I drove to Birmingham, Alabama, went through a session at the temple and went to dinner.  By this time it was 10 pm and Robert's plane was suppose to land at 11.  Perfect timing, right?  NOPE!  My dad called just after dinner and told us that his flight was delayed and he wouldn't be landing till well after midnight.

Since there isn't much to do at 10 pm in Birmingham, we headed to the airport to wait.  We tried sleeping on the airport benches, terribly uncomfortable.  We tried sleeping in the parked car in the parking garage, extremly hot and muggy.  Eventually we resorted to being inside and leaning on each other while we waited.  At 12:45 am, Robert walked out of security.  We immediatly headed home, but it proved to be the longest 3 hour drive I've ever driven.  I was so tried but didn't want to fall asleep and leave Brian awake alone.  I don't remember much of the groggy drive, but what I do remember is odd.  We were talking about animals and which we would be or something like that. 

We got home and climbed in be at 4:45 am.  Thankfully, Kenya and Ian were at a friends house for the night through this whole ordeal, but we knew that they would probably be calling us in about 2 hours when the kids woke up at 7 am (which is totally normal for them, sometimes they even get up earlier and it's awful!).  When I woke up at 10 am and realized they hadn't called yet I was supprised.  So Brian and I got up and dressed and went to pick up the kids.  Apparently they had slept till about 9:30 at my friends house.  She attributes this to the blackout blinds she has in the rooms of her house. 

So what did  I do the yesterday, buy and put up blackout blinds in my kids rooms.  If they'll sleep till at least 8 am in the morning I'll be in heaven!  Hopefully it will work! 

No comments: