Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Honey, if you want....

Brian came home one night after basketball acting kinda funny.  He said, "Kayla, I heard something on the radio.  Maybe I shouldn't tell you though."

He was trying to peek my interest, but at the time I was so tired that I just didn't care if he told me or not.  After a couple of minutes he just coulndn't not tell me.  So he started explaining what he'd heard.  It was a commercial for a furniture store called The Dump and they were having a 3 day weekend sale for Memorial Day where you could purchase furniture and not pay any payments or accrue any intrest for 24 months.  He told me that if I really wanted a bedroom set or dining set that now would be the time to get it with that deal.  I was floored.  He GAVE me permission to purchase large items.  Items that cost hundreds of dollars, not just a hundred.  He told me it was fine by him if I went the next morning and picked it out by myself.  I was trying to figure out what had happened to my hubby while at basketball, cause this surely couldn't be him.  Had he gotten hit ultra hard on his noggin? 

So on Saturday I went to the store, picked out my favorite, called Brian to make sure he was cool with this (which he assured me he was) and purchase a brand new bedroom set.  (I've been wanting a new bed for about 3 years. Our old box springs and mattress were caving and it was bad.) 

When I purchase the furniture I had been assured that we were approved for the 24 months no interest/no payment deal.  Sadly 10 days later (only 3 days too late to return the furniture) we got a bill for June.  They had LIED to us.  After many calls, lost of hassle, much frustration, and finally some helpful managers I was able to get things sorted out.  I guess the sales rep who sold us the stuff was brand new and messed up big, not my fault and I wasn't about to take the fall for it. 

So, here's our new furniture.  I'm absolutely in love with it! 

The mirror is gonna go on top fo the dresser when I get it hung up.

No comments: