Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Funny Kids

Thank goodness the daily laughs out weigh the fit throwing and fights.  Laughs make everything worth it.

Kenya cracks me up.  Tonight I put her down to bed a little later than normal because we were out and about.  She knelt down and we said her prayers, rushing to the "Amen" cause that's her favorite part (really makes me laugh on a daily basis.  She loves to say her prayers, but Amen has got to be the best word to say according to her.)  I give her kisses and she climbs up in bed.  I tuck her in, kiss her again, and say good night.

About 10 minutes later I hear a thud up in her room.  I rush up think that she's fallen out of bed (which she's done and I'm really not sure how she accomplishes it with the rails on either side of her body, but she does).  I found her curled up on the floor next to the door.  When I walked in she hops up and runs back to her bed.  As I tried to get her tucked in again I realize that there is something hard in her bed where she normally lays.  After further scrutiny I realize that it's several stuffed animals and dolls that normally sit on her shelf.  She had actually gotten out of bed, grabbed every doll she could find in her room, and tucked them into her bed with her, but then she couldn't find a place for herself to lay down and had to get me to come back in and help her get back in bed!  It was really funny! 

So I help her back in, put the dolls on the floor and the next thing I know she's reaching for them and grunting.  I ended up putting all of them, about 8, in her small toddler bed with her.  She was happy though, cuddled up with all her stuffies and comfortable. 

What a doll of a child.  She is so funny sometimes, and so very different from Ian.  There are times though, that I wish she were more like Ian, easy going.  Today she shook her finger at me and said "NO MOM".  I was quite surprised at this and really wasn't happy that the girly attitude has already hit.  How is it she's not even two and she is back talking worse than Ian was.  I can't believe it!  Hopefully it won't last and we can come to an understanding that we don't tell mommy "no". 

Ian is also his own sort of comedian.  The things he comes up with to say to me, rather hilarious.  There are times when I just can't keep from laughing, even if I'm suppose to be disciplining.  Today was especially funny when Brian was watching a show and laughing and Ian would just copy daddy and laugh too.  So hilarious!  Or the fact that for the last week Ian has slept on the floor in his room, covering the air vent with his pillow because according to him "It's better there".  :)  Still not sure what that was about, but I convinced him back into his own bed tonight.  Brian and I didn't want people to think he had to sleep on the floor, right. :)  Ian often tells me if I've done something wrong.  Like the other day when I changed Kenya's diaper and didn't throw it away afterwards.  He brought it down and told me, "Mommy, you have to throw away!"  I went to take it from him and he stated "No, I'll do it."  :)  He marched himself down the stairs and threw that dirty diaper away.  Makes me laugh at how big he tries to be sometimes.  I just hope that he doesn't try to grow up too fast like I did.  I really hope enjoys his childhood and youth.

He's a good big brother too.  He keeps Kenya in line when needed and loves her tons.  He's gotten fairly good at sharing with Kenya and together they've built some pretty awesome train tracks. 

Today Kenya got upset at Ian twice and pushed him.  Ian didn't like that to much and of course yelled "Kenya no.  Stop it!"  I then had Kenya hug him and say sorry.  It was darling.  She puckered her little lips and leaned up on her tippy toes to kiss Ian better.  As darling as it was though, I can just see this happening with "other" boys all too soon, and that scares me.  At least for now it's innocent love between brother and sister. 


1 comment:

whitney said...

Oh, they just grow up too fast, don't they? I feel your pain with the back-talk. I have all sorts of sass going on at my house. All three of my kids have mouths on them :P