Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Six Flags Over Georgia


We got the AWESOME opportunity to go to Six Flags on a Friday night.  The company Brian works for bought the entire park for their employees and friends and we were able to buy tickets at a reduced price.  It was great!!!  Brian was giddy as a school boy and oh so excited that he was rushing me the whole day.  :) 

I on the other hand was completely terrified of the idea of getting on a roller coaster.  It had been so long and I've changed a lot since I last went on one, I just wasn't sure I wanted to be riding roller coasters.

So we arrived at the park at 6:15 pm (the company had booked the park from 6pm - midnight just for the employees, family and friends - so NO LINES!!).  Brian ran right to the maps and was looking for the first coaster he could jump on.  He was pretty unhappy when it took us a good couple of minutes to FIND the first coaster.  When we did find it we jumped right on and I started to freak out.  He was stoked and I was terrified.  He kept asking me if I was okay, if I was gonna make it.  After we got off the ride he was sure I was gonna have a miserable night.  I was so scared.  I actually had tears streaming down my face (those hormones gone wild after having kids).  But I convinced myself to do just one more and then I would stop and just watch him if I didn't like it. 

Well, we headed off to Gotham City to ride "Batman".  It's one of those coasters that you are harnessed into cause you hang from the top.  Again I was sooooo scared.  But after the ride was over, I was hooked.  I LOVED it!   That's when we started running around to every coaster we could find.  The adrenaline rush was just AWESOME!  In fact I went on 8 different roller coasters that day and did 6 of them twice! 

I felt so bad for Brian though, he got a little stomach sick after about 6 rides and had to slow down.  He did make it through every coaster, but only just.  We had a BLAST (or I did and Brian enjoyed it). 

Our friends joined us at the park after about a half hour and we really enjoyed spending the night with them.  They are such fun people and cute too.  Check out their pic below.
Courtney and Brad were a blast to hang out with.  It's always funner with a large group!!!

Some of my favorite rides were Goliath (a 225 foot drop coaster that had my stomach in my throat for most of it - but hey,  I loved this one even though it was the one I was most terrified of.  They had to convince me to ride it), Superman (they harnessed you in to this one so that when you were riding it you were face down looking at the grass and ground.  It felt like I was flying and it was AWESOME!!), Batman (I just love dangling from a harness :)) and Scorcher (we actually harnessed in STANDING UP for this one, so bizarre, but totally awesome). 

I will tell you though, if you are going to go to an amusement park...... avoid the old, rickety, wooden coasters.  They are TERRIBLE!!  I was in soooo much pain from those.  It bounced us around and was so uncomfortable, I was even hollering "OU OU OU" over and over again on one because it hurt so much!  Brian and our friends of course thought that his was hilarious and proceeded to tease me, but hey, I guess I deserved it.  I was the only one on the ride yelling in pain and not having fun.  :)  Let's just say my chiropracter wasn't too happy with those coasters either.  :) 



 
Us on a coaster.

It was terribly muggy and hot till about 10 pm, but it was the best date that Brian and I have had in a long time!   Thanks awesome hubby for making life a fun ride! 

No comments: