Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Bitter Cold!

Anyone who knows me knows that I hate the cold.  While the beauty of the first snow is something I love to look at and enjoy (before it's destroyed by the dirt and sludge) it's not something that I want to be out in.  In fact, snow and cold makes me want to curl up with a good book, warm blanket, and a great mug of hot chocolate.  This happens to be my GREATEST weakness.  You see, typically I spend all winter wrapped in layers of warm clothing with a cup of hot chocolate every morning, avoiding any need to leave the house.  But this tradition is what makes it rather difficult to keep my weight the same, much less on the decline over the 4 months that the snow is falling and the temperatures are low.  So far this year I haven't touched a mug of hot chocolate, although I have wanted to.  I, in fact, haven't even bought any hot chocolate yet this year and am particularly proud of that.  But today, as I watched the snow fall for hours and hours, I almost lost control.  I searched the internet for ways to make homemade hot chocolate (because I was not about to go out in the cold) and found several recipes I wanted to try.  But here it is, 10 pm, and I have resisted.  I'm happy to say that soon I'll be in my warm bed with my warm blankets and I'll have faced another cold day and won.  How long will that last??  I don't rightly know.  Will I be able to keep my slight decline in weight loss going over the next 4 months?? I hope so.  I'm down about 20 lbs since having Trey and feeling good, but my biggest challenges are in front of me:  Halloween, Turkey Day & Christmas!  I hope I can win, or at least stay neutral. 

**Of course, there is one problem;  RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!**  (Let's hope that only applies to the Borg.)

No comments: