We've had some fun the last few weeks, so I guess I'd better share. :)
About a week ago, Ian attend his first school field trip. The teachers wanted parental help, so I decided that the other two munchkins and I would join Ian. On the appointed day we headed over to "Nick's Garden Center" to meet up with Ian's class. The kids were so excited to get to go on the train ride and jump in the castle and pick a pumpkin. (I don't have any pictures due to the three munchkins in tow. Needless to say I had NO free hands. :))
When we got there Ian went ahead with his class while Kenya, Trey and I waited behind them. This created somewhat of a difficulty for Kenya, as she is not big on patience right now. See, Kenya and Ian are so close in age that Kenya thinks she can do everything Ian's does and be right in there with him. This includes his Soccer team, preschool class, church class, etc... She's just not quite grasping the concept that he's older than her. So while Ian went with his class on the Train, Kenya stood crying at my feet saying she wanted to go. I had no problems letting her go, she just had to wait in line for her turn, and that's where she was lost to what I was saying.
Needless to say, the trip was fun, but crazy. Around ever turn Kenya would cry about wanting to do something with Ian and I would have to hold her back to wait her turn. Poor little Trey was totally neglected, but he's seemed pretty happy anyways. At the end of the trip was a tractor ride through a little haunted maze. Ian went with his class and came back clutching one of the other moms, terrified. Kenya went with another group of kids (and a teacher cause for some reason they wouldn't let me on with Trey) and came back on the teacher's lap crying. Apparently the ride was way more scary than the employees let on. Oh well.
The other day I was doing laundry in my room with Trey on the bed and Ian came up stating that he needed to read Trey a book. So he promptly sat down on my bed and started telling Trey the story of the Great Pumpkin. Soon Kenya joined him and all were enthralled in Ian's book. (Well, I'm not sure if Trey really knew what was going on, but it was cute regardless.)
This picture was taken by Brian. On Sunday before church, while I was getting ready, Kenya came to Brian, showed her Mr. Potato head and said, "Grandpa!" For those of you who have never met my father, this is quite the striking resemblance to him - of course though, my dad has eyes. :) The picture made me laugh. She probably spent most of Sunday, other than church, saying "Grandpa!" It's always fun to know that my kids know their grandparents well enough to simulate their looks or point them out in a picture.
I was trying to get pictures of Trey smiling, which does very often now, but he wasn't exactly game for the task, so this is what I got. :)
Trey is growing so fast. he's got chubby little legs and arms and giggles and coos and I love it!! He's also rolling from him stomach to his back, but not he other way. He's really not a huge fan of his belly, so I'm guessing that is the motivation for rolling onto his back. :)
The last pictures are of us carving our pumpkins. Every year when we carve, Brian cuts and I scoop out the gooies. This year, before we began, Brian announced, (I'm quoting this) "I'm manning up this year and I'll scoop out the innards!" Needless to say, I was quite impressed that he was going to atempt it. :) Of course that didn't keep him from making funny faces and squealing each time he stuck his hand inside. :)
Ian's pumpkin's face.
Hard at work. The kids colored theirs before we cut and Brian was working on the big pumpkin.
I was quite impressed that both our junior pumpkin carvers scooped out their own pumpkin's innards. They did an astoundingly good job too. I barely had to help at all. :)
The fam and all our pumpkins! Don't they look fab!!


No comments:
Post a Comment