Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, August 19, 2012

And Then There Was One...

... In Diapers!  Only ONE!!

You have no idea how long I've been waiting to say that!!  About 8 months ago I tried potty training Kenya and that blew up in my face.  She was in no way interested in it and I pushed to hard.  So she's 31/2 years old and still in diapers. 

The other day we dropped Ian off at school and Kenya announced that she wanted to go to school too.  I told her that only big girls who wear big girl panties were able to go to school.  She promptly told me that she was now a big girl and would wear big girl panties. 

I was a little skeptical and worried because of how this had played out before.  I also felt that I didn't have a whole lot of free time on my hands to help her because I've still got a whole house to unpack, but we went ahead and took the rest of her diapers away and put her in big girl panties. 

We're on our fourth day and though there has been a few mishaps, she's done amazing!  She refused to wear a pull up to bed the first night and I was worried, but she has been dry every morning.  I think I can finally say goodbye to her diapers. 

She's been a little challenging... more so than Ian was, but we're making it through.  On the second morning she wanted very much to go back to diapers... but a gentle push got her back on track. 

So here's to changing only one bum... not two.  :)

1 comment:

whitney said...

yay! yay! yay! yay!