It always seems to me that there are some dreams that you dream and you know that they most likely won't come true, but you dream them anyways. This is always how it's been for my Baby Grand Piano dream. I've always wanted one, always known it was bound to be just a dream and was okay with that.
The day after we got the keys to our house we spent a the whole Saturday at our new home putting up blinds and curtains. We also had an HVAC guy come in and put 2 swamp coolers in our home (to try and reduce energy output and expense). Brian had been a little sneaky all week, but I didn't think much of it because I was way too stressed about other things.
About mid afternoon the doorbell rang. I answered and the guy told me he had a delivery for Kayla. I was bit curious because I wasn't expecting a delivery. When the 2 delivery men rolled in this beautiful Baby Grand Piano I was floored! I was as giddy as a school girl and so excited that I had tears running down my face. Brian had gone out on Craigslist and bought me a Baby Grand! I couldn't believe it!
About mid afternoon the doorbell rang. I answered and the guy told me he had a delivery for Kayla. I was bit curious because I wasn't expecting a delivery. When the 2 delivery men rolled in this beautiful Baby Grand Piano I was floored! I was as giddy as a school girl and so excited that I had tears running down my face. Brian had gone out on Craigslist and bought me a Baby Grand! I couldn't believe it!
So I'm here to tell you, Dreams REALLY do Come true!
There's kinda a cool history behind this piano as well. It was built in the 1930's, or so we believe due to the tuning sticker on it stamped 1931. The gentleman Brian bought it from said he bought it from a Jewish Orchestra hall where it had been for a while. He was also a concert pianist himself.
The piano is in wonderful shape and although it could use a simple wood refinish and tuning, it plays beautifully! It's a gem. Brian told me he set out to find a spinet piano and stumbled across this beauty! He went to see it hoping that it was in as good a shape as the owner professed and he was please with what he found. I'd say I'm a pretty lucky and loved woman! :)


2 comments:
Aww Kayla, I think he's a keeper! What a sweet husband, and what an awesome find!
I think so too! :) Thanks!
Post a Comment