My friends... do you remember that lumpy mattress that I was talking about?? You don't! Well let me remind you...
Well here it is! Pretty ain't it?! :)
Brian and I took the plunge yesterday and attempted to FIX our own mattress. That's right... you heard me... FIX it. :)
So here are the pictures to tell the story. Enjoy!
Brian preparing to climb INSIDE the mattress to spread out the padding.
Brian climbing inside.
Brian inside the mattress.
We ended up having to pull out the padding and open up the bottom as well. We thought about leaving the padding out, but it just didn't feel as comfortable without it.
After struggling with the padding for a while, we decided we'd have to take apart the other side as well, leaving only the top attached.
Vwalla! Padding nice and flat. Now it's time to sew.
Brian was a stud and started sewing. We got into a nice groove where I would thread a needle (it was a bit of a proccess since I just had regular thread and needed to triple thread the needle). We had 3 needles threaded so that he didn't have to stop and wait.
One side down, time to work on the bottom.
Kayla sewing up a side, I wasn't doing as good as Brian.
DONE!!! Yipee!!
Perfectly flat bed, and though last night wasn't a great test of how nice it was to sleep on a non-lumpy bed (kids were sick and we were up most the night), I am so happy that we now have a good bed to sleep on again. YEAH!! We saved some money too since we didn't need to buy a new mattress. It took us about 5 hours of solid work. I'd say it was well worth it.


No comments:
Post a Comment