Some days I wonder if we will ever be settled. See... let me explain.
Brian has a new job now, and we are moving... again. This will be our 13th move in almost 7 years. Kinda insane... huh?
A few months ago Lockheed started worrying us by saying that they were going to be laying off 20% of Brian's department. Of course this got us thinking that maybe we'd better look for a replacement job... just in case.
Well, it turns out you can find your dream job in your dream location (well Brian's at least) without even realizing it's out there.
When Brian started looking he applied everywhere. I told him we wouldn't go anywhere unless it was perfect or we had to go. Out of no where came this job in Lehi, Utah with IM Flash Technologies. He went to an interview thinking it was a long shot and the following week got an offer from the company. He was THRILLED to say the least! He claims it is a perfect/dream job and I don't doubt that he feels it is his dream location. His family lives near where we'll live and a few of my siblings do as well. All in all you couldn't ask for a better opportunity. (Unless you included the temperature never falling below 50 degrees. I could do that.)
So here we are, selling our house 7 months after we purchased it, preparing for another crazy move. But hey... we've done it a few times, so I guess I have the practice. :)
I do have to say that I think the Lord laid this blessing out for us very well. It truly is a blessing to be able to be near family for the first time in years. It's truly a blessing how well the Lord laid out the path for us to follow in moving this time. And it is truly a blessing to have Brian's parents around to let us lean on them for a few months during this move.
Though to many this move seems like a nightmare, it's most likely going to be our easiest move yet. I am feeling stressed, but that's actually attributed to things that don't relate to the move. I think the move will go smoothly and I'm happy for that.
So here we come Utah, I hope you're ready for us. May this be very, VERY close to the absolute last time we move!!! I pray for that daily. :)
A few months ago Lockheed started worrying us by saying that they were going to be laying off 20% of Brian's department. Of course this got us thinking that maybe we'd better look for a replacement job... just in case.
Well, it turns out you can find your dream job in your dream location (well Brian's at least) without even realizing it's out there.
When Brian started looking he applied everywhere. I told him we wouldn't go anywhere unless it was perfect or we had to go. Out of no where came this job in Lehi, Utah with IM Flash Technologies. He went to an interview thinking it was a long shot and the following week got an offer from the company. He was THRILLED to say the least! He claims it is a perfect/dream job and I don't doubt that he feels it is his dream location. His family lives near where we'll live and a few of my siblings do as well. All in all you couldn't ask for a better opportunity. (Unless you included the temperature never falling below 50 degrees. I could do that.)
So here we are, selling our house 7 months after we purchased it, preparing for another crazy move. But hey... we've done it a few times, so I guess I have the practice. :)
I do have to say that I think the Lord laid this blessing out for us very well. It truly is a blessing to be able to be near family for the first time in years. It's truly a blessing how well the Lord laid out the path for us to follow in moving this time. And it is truly a blessing to have Brian's parents around to let us lean on them for a few months during this move.
Though to many this move seems like a nightmare, it's most likely going to be our easiest move yet. I am feeling stressed, but that's actually attributed to things that don't relate to the move. I think the move will go smoothly and I'm happy for that.
So here we come Utah, I hope you're ready for us. May this be very, VERY close to the absolute last time we move!!! I pray for that daily. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment