Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Independence Day / Week Activities - Mt. Charleston & Cathedral Gorge

For the 4th of July we decided to join some wonderful friends of ours in Las Vegas for celebrations.  They were so awesome to invite us into their home and we enjoyed our time spent there.  They are such a wonderful family! 

For July 4th we took both families up to Mt. Charleston for a picnic lunch and hiking.  It was great weather, only in the 60's and overcast.  We had a blast hiking around and even got lost at one point, but only for a moment. 

 My amazing little hikers!





 Dolls trying to pick my nose while taking the picture.  Crazy woman!
 My Sublime husband.

 Make them sandwiches, babe!
 Sharing a fruit by the foot.  Goofy mom and daughter.


 Aren't they cute!
 "Look!  No hands!"

 Ain't he just darlin'!
 The whole lot of us.



 Pretty Jordy!!
 Found this tree that looks like it's been struck by lightening.


 My little doll!


 Hiding in the trees.


"Mom, I found this cool stick!"

After our hiking adventures we headed back to our hosts for dinner and fireworks.  Right in the middle of our splendid display of bursting money, the rain came barrelling down upon us.  Some ran inside to avoid the water, some were already inside due to too much noise (Trey can't stand the noise of fireworks), and the rest of us took off down the street running through the puddles and getting soaked from head to toe.  The downpour was awesome and I really enjoyed running in the rain once again. :) 

On Saturday I convinced our clan to head to my old Haunt.  When I was little I lived in a tiny place for several years; Panaca, Nevada.  I hadn't been back in many years, but since there is an awesome State Park only a mile from the town, I decided we were going to check it out.  

Cathedral Gorge State Park




 My amazing hikers!




 Brian found this hole in the cave wall that was pushing cool air out into his face.  He lay there on the ground soaking the the "a/c" for a bit.

 My happy hiker.  Someone even called him a little mountain goat. :)





 
 My cute little hiking partner again.

 Brian climbing the canyon rope. 

 My poor little guy shave his skin on the rocks, but thankfully quickly was okay.


 My attempt at climbing the rope.  I got a decent way up, but my wrist started giving me problems and I called it quits. 


 The little tunnel that our friends name "The Birth Canal".  It was definitely a tight squeeze.
 Looking up from the bottom of a cavern.

It was a bit of  a deja vu moment for me being back in the same place my parents used to take us to hike around.  It was a blast though to spend so much time really exploring again. 

Afterwards we went to the local watering pond, The Spring, for a quick dip to cool us off before our drive to Cedar city.  The kids were a little frightened by the Spring and how it had green moss and little fishes and lots of rocks.  It was funny to see their reactions.  But it was fun.  

More to come soon.  :)

1 comment:

Angela said...

Cathedral Gorge - plenty of memories from there. Thanks for taking pictures of many places that I explored there many years ago. And, I don't think I would go swimming again in The Spring though I do have many memories there as well.