Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, July 8, 2010

House Project #1...

.... Shelves!

Since we moved into this house in April I've been frustrated with the shelves in the Kitchen Pantry.  They were these metal shelves and all the back corners would sag really badly if any weight was placed on them.  My pasta boxes have been stored in a box since we moved in and I felt it was high time that they were in their proper place, the kitchen pantry shelves.  So I went to work. 

This is what the shelves and pantry looked like before and I absolutely hated the wired shelves.

And these are the wood shelves that I cut (well, the guy at Lowes cut them, but I measured and figured out how the shelves should look, okay maybe not all on my own, but yeah), painted, and put up in the pantry.  I LOVE them!  They work soooooooo wonderfully!   Yippee for projects!

2 comments:

whitney said...

I'm so impressed! I'm afraid I'd be too big a wimp to try such a huge project on my own. It just really does look so, so fabulous!

The Andersens said...

hooray! those shelves look wonderful! good job!

-- Courtney