... I punctured a pipe.
Lucky for me it wasn't a particularly terrible pipe to fix. You see, the plumber was going to charge us over $400 to fix it, but since the pipe I punctured was a drain pipe for the bathroom above it, it doesn't get a lot of pressure running through it all the time. So Brian and I stuck our heads together, and asked his dad as well, what we could do on our own to fix it. Well, we came up with a hose clamp, epoxy, sealant, and rubber. With these four things we managed to plug the hole really well.
We first took the epoxy and filled the hole with it. (It was something called JB Weld and it's an epoxy/glue/sealant in one - worked great!) Then we placed a small piece of rubber over the hole where the epoxy was and cinched the hose clamp over top of the rubber to hold it in place. Than we sealed all the edges with sealant. It worked wonders and only cost $30! But, regardless of the fact that all turned out well with the hole, I don't think I'll be putting any more holes in the wall any time soon. I'm nervous I'll hit something important and then we'll really be in trouble and Brian won't just sign in disappointment. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment