Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, August 19, 2012

More Than You Can Take

I have felt like this summer has just been insane... one tumble after another... one challenge on top of another.  I've surprised myself with my endurance through it all. 

Yes, I have definitely grumbled at times... cried myself to sleep... spent sleepless nights praying that it all would just end, but what I didn't seem to be realizing was that I have it good in comparison to some. 

Then, last week something even more difficult presented itself and I thought I might break.  And then I heard this on the Christian Radio Station and felt the warm and protection I had been missing. 

God won't give me more than I can take,
He might let me bend,
But he won't let me break.
Though the situation was frightening and uncomfortable and I wasn't sure how it would play out, this simple song gave me hope that no matter what was happening, I would be able to handle it.  Don't forget it, it's what HE said!
(I've given up on regular radio, the kids and I... and even Brian (he got me into it)... are fully hooked on the beautiful music from the Christian Station, Air 1.  I just don't ever have to worry about what my kids are hearing.)

1 comment:

whitney said...

Thanks for the reminder :)