Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, October 12, 2009

FrogTown Trail Challenge


I made it through my trail challenge race and what a race it was!  It was probably one of the toughest things I've ever done, but boy was it fun!  So the details are this:

4.3 miles of running through: streams, mud, up hillsides, down hillsides, crossing a log over running water, climbing up (with the help of a rope) a steep mud slide, jumping over logs on the trail and much more.

My finishing time was 48 minutes and 54 seconds (not bad for a newbe) and I actually placed 3rd in my age group!  I was totally stoked!  Brian calculated it after-wards and told me that I ran about 11 minute miles!  That is amazing to me!  It was so intense, I figured I wouldn't make it till well after an hours time!  It was a blast though and  I would totally do it again.  There was also a 10 mile run, but I'm not sure I'll be doing that anytime soon. :) 


My friends who ran too:  (Right to left)  Me, Hayley, & Ariel




My awards plaque!



The logo on the awesome shirt we got for competing in the race!

I think that this is only the beginning of a long relationship with me and running.  Who knows, maybe one day I'll even do a Half Marathon, but we'll just have to wait and see.

P.S.  More photos to come of me actually running the race! 

1 comment:

whitney said...

yay! yay! Go you! I'm uber-impressed!