Okay, so it's been crazy the last couple of weeks... thus the lack of blogging. So the run down is:
A couple of weeks ago we got a pretty good snow storm. Yeah, you heard right, Georgia got snow! It was crazy! People were sliding everywhere, lots of accidents, and actually snow on the ground for a few days. Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure.
So for those few days we kept inside and enjoyed the comfort of a warm home. I also had time to create two really cute articles of clothing for Kenya. (Well, I'm biased cause I made them, but I think their cute. :))
I don't have a cute shirt to match this skirt yet, but that is my next project. It was fun to make these and ruffles seem to be my new favorite thing. They really turned out nice.
Brian has also started school and is taking two classes. One of the classes he is taking is particularly challenging and he spends about 3 hours a night locked in the computer room studying. I feel for him at times, especially considering I've taken a look at his homework and couldn't even begin to explain what any of it means. :)
So, I've been totally lost in a series of books my sister sent home with me from my trip to Utah. It's called the Mortal Instrument Series by Cassandra Clare and I love them! I can just get lost in the world the author has created and I love it!
So, that is what has been going on. I've felt like pulling my hair a few times in the last few weeks, but I'm surviving the chaos well. Ian is becoming more independent and it's rough, but it's good. The only times I really don't like his independence is days like last Monday when I found both him and Kenya stripped from the waist down in their room and instead of taking a nap Kenya was covered in pooh, but hey, it's all part of being a mom. Right?










1 comment:
Ooo, good luck with the house! It looks super-cute from the outside!
I'm sooo impressed w/your uber-craftiness! They're so darn cute!
Post a Comment