Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Dinner for the Dog

Brian has been really busy lately, but whether he's busy or not, life has to go on normally for my kids and their schedule.  So I was preparing dinner last night, Chicken Pillows, and it was taking me a century.  Kenya was very unhappy and kept crying at my legs, holding on for dear life.  Ian kept scream that he had to go potty, and of course each time he would scream I would have to run in and help him.  So I'd gotten the chicken cooked, the biscuits made, and dinner in the oven
time it took: 90 minutes
time it should have taken:  40 minutes
But hey, who cares how long it took, it was done and it looked great and yummy.  Brian and just, literally just, walked in the door and I was pulling the Chicken Pillows out of the oven.  Ian again scream "I need to go potty!" and I asked Brian to assist him.  I pulled the food out of the oven and was leaning over to set them on the counter when I tripped and dumped the entire main course of dinner all over the side of the cabinets and the floor crushing every yummy pillow.  It was a nightmare.  Needless to say, I was so tired, hormonal, and frustrated that I burst into tears.  Brian came to my rescue and thankfully was able to salvage most of dinner before the dog got to it and cleaned everything up.  It was INSANE!!

No comments: