Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Let's go Potty!

So yesterday we started potty training Ian.  He just wouldn't keep his diaper on so I had no choice, but it's going good so far.  (Knock on wood, let's not jinx anything :))  So, he's been running around the house 'all-natural' and last night all of a sudden he screams out "I need to go potty!"  Of course, this had to be in the middle of making dinner and my hands were covered in dough.  I immediately started shouting excited words to him and told him to run and go potty.  I ran in there and we waited for a couple of minutes and I figured nothing was going to happen, but then... 'tinkle, tinkle, tinkle'.... he went potty in the toilet.  I know, lots of stupid little words, but I was SOOOOOOO very excited that he did it!  So we are pushing forward with hope and excitement.  Maybe this won't be as scary as I thought it would be. 

1 comment:

Jiggle Johnson said...

YAY!! That is so exciting!!! I loved hearing Toby say "I need to go potty!!!!" It was so fun (and hard) But they are so smart and they pick it up so quickly!! Expect a relaps. It's like they get it no problem and then they give up!! Start from square one again and they will have no problems!!!! Good luck!!! Love ya and totally miss ya!